Background

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

American Apparel Rose Bowl

So, I was walking past American Apparel yesterday and I picked up... actually, let me be honest: It was much less casual than that. I drove to the mall with the single goal of going to American Apparel to buy nail polish. When I got to the mall, I stopped at the information booth to pick up a pamphlet with a map so I could find the store faster, and then walked there very deliberately. (I was temporarily waylaid by Sephora, but was frightened out by their exorbitant prices.) I love American Apparel polish. I think they are masters of opaque creams. Anyway, they were having a sale, which was kinda great. I bought six polishes (photo on the bottom) Cotton, Rose Bowl, Rouge, Cameo Blue, Echo Park, and a backup bottle of California Trooper, my most often-used polish. Boring, yes; surprising, no.). 

Here, I'm reviewing Rose Bowl. The formula is a solid two-coater. I liked the bottle color, which seemed more delicately pink, or rosy, as indicated by its name. On the nail it's a full-on, bright, salmon pink. Yowza. The color is also just a little on the mom-polish side. I have mixed feelings about this. Pro: it's not a bad color for my skin. Con: I feel like I should have a fried-out poodle perm, bolero pants, and high-top Reboks. Pro: the 80s are having a renaissance. Con: The 80s are having a renaissance. You see my quandary. Anyway, I've decided to live on the edge and leave it on. 



1 comment:

  1. Definitely looks like a polish my mom would wear. It is pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...