Background

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stripes With Sinful Colors Soul Mate

I bought Sinful Colors Soul Mate months ago and didn't try it until yesterday. Every time I picked up the bottle and thought about putting it on, I was struck by the thought that it seemed like an outdated, frumpy color. This polish is a great example of the rarely-heard axiom, "Never judge a polish by its bottle-color." You never know how a color will lean depending on your skin tone and its formula and application. I like Soul Mate much more than I thought I would. It's a true salmon-pink, which I never, ever would have thought I'd like, but somehow, it's one of those oddball colors that makes me look tan. Or, about as tan as I'm ever gonna look. The formula was workable, built to opacity and dries in reasonable amounts of layers and time, but there was something almost chalky about the appearance of the polish. This wasn't a deal-breaker for me, especially since I use Seche Vite, which covers a lot of flaws, but it was odd. Anyway, I stamped on the stripes with Sinful Colors White on White and Cheeky plate 6. It reminds me of a Candy Striper uniform. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...