Background

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Revlon Whimsical (or, Harrison Ford is Still Married to Calista Flockhart, Almost 70, and Not in Love With Me Anyway)

Here is Revlon Whimsical (dupe of Deborah Lippman's Glitter is in the Air). It's funny, I looked for this polish for so long, and I finally found it, and got it on my nails, and I was all set for the magic to happen: for the planets to align and for pigs to fly and for Harrison Ford to be thirty-five years old again and mysteriously, totally in love with me and whatever else means magic to you. But, instead, I looked at my nails and I thought, "Meh." 

This polish is only okay. I was unthrilled by its refusal to build to opacity without a base of some kind. I also feel as if the blue and pink glitter look a little like a baby shower exploded in a jar of cake glaze. 

But! There is a but. I think this would be pretty as a glitter sandwich, with an underwear coat of blue, and a thin blue coat to mute the shininess of the glitter.

(Disappointed there wasn't more Harrison Ford in this review? How 'bout this? And just because you deserve it, here. You're welcome.)   




1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about it but then I saw a blogger layer it over a light yellow.....AMAZING!! Wish I could remember who so you could see it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...