Background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Layla Hologram Effect in Black Flash

Now THIS is a holographic polish. I've been on a bit of a holo kick lately, and as I've been looking at what's available, I feel that "holo" is a term that is used a little too broadly. To me, glitter is not holo, although there is holographic glitter, I suppose. But Black Flash is a true holographic polish, and it's gorgeous. The holographic finish gives it a textured, satiny, almost velvety look. The application was a little tricky, but thin coats with a little extra dry time in between prevent cuticle drag. If you're a holographic polish girl, it's worth the extra money to get one of these babies. And at $15.50, they are a bit of a splurge-- ouch. I say it's worth it though, because the difference in this holographic effect and those of other brands I've seen at lower price points is obvious. I did, however, find the colors in the hologram effect collection to be a little washed-out. Black Flash looks more like Steel Flash. However, the hologram effect is done so well that this is a concession I'm willing to make. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...