Background

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe

This polish got as much attention as any of the water marbles or other more complicated manicures I do. So many people stopped and asked to look more closely at my nails, sales clerks, waitresses, other people sitting in restaurants. It was kinda crazy! I bought this polish back in the fall and haven't worn it until now. It's now one of my favorites. It is blue and green glitter in a blue jelly base. The blue jelly subdues the glitter and keeps it it from looks garish. It is a lovely and fascinating color; it looks like a mermaid's tail, or something sunken under water. So, so pretty! The application was typical for a glitter, and totally workable, especially considering the chunkiness and density of the hexagonal pieces of glitter. It took three-four coats for opacity. I think I will try it over a navy blue layer just so it doesn't require so many coats. There was some shrinkage with this polish, another reason a plain, navy blue, cream base might be a good idea. The bottom line though, is that this polish is so pretty and so cool, it's worth it. 




2 comments:

  1. its sooooo gorgeous isn't it. Have you tried Lady Sings The Blues ? Possibly even more sensational and dramatic xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just googled LStB and you're right-- it's gorgeous. Hmmm, I may have to buy that one, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...