Background

Friday, March 2, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Blue Slate Swatches and Stamp with the New Cheeky Plates

Here is another Revlon Colorstay polish, which I seem to keep buying in spite of the crummy brush. And this one was terrible. Ugh. So stubby and stiff and awkward. Like painting my nails with a butter knife. But the colors in this line are so nice, and the finish is so pretty-- it has kind of a softness to its appearance, almost a gumminess, but then it dries just as strong and glossy as other polishes. It's a subtle thing; I almost think you'd have to be a lacquerhead to notice. 

Here, I did two coats of Revlon Colorstay Blue Slate with one coat of Seche Vite. Then I did a stamp with Cheeky plate 7 and Sinful Colors White on White. I like this pattern; I think it looks retro, like a print from the 50s or 60s. 



Below: Blue Slate by itself.

2 comments:

  1. "Like painting my nails with a butter knife." That is the funniest nail polish related visual I've ever had. Thnx for the laugh and pretty nails!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...