Background

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Guest Blogger: Nail Nerd!!!

I have a special treat for you today: a guest blog from the amazing Meghan at Nail Nerd!!! I live just outside NYC, so Meghan decided to do this awesome NYC-inspired manicure. Thanks Meghan! It's so cool that you were willing to do this! 

NYC Manicure from Nail Nerd

This mani uses a few brights from the Zoya Candy Collection -- Creamy, Juicy, Yummy, and Sweet -- but the rest is all acrylic paint.  And though it's been a few years since I've been in New York (getting out of New Orleans is harder than you'd think!), I wanted to use the opportunity to celebrate some of my favorite parts of New York:

Coffee and hot dog vendors.  Hungry?  Thirsty?  Don't worry about having to tie up your dog or hassle with a store, just find your nearest cart and you're taken care of.  Brilliant.

CABS.  I can't even tell you how many nights have been steamrolled in New Orleans for want of a cab to actually show up.  I totally miss seeing a whole army of these yellow buggers crawling down a thoroughfare.

The Statue of Liberty.  What can I say, I cried the first time I sat at her feet.  She's beautiful.

The Brooklyn Bridge.  This may be my favorite bridge ever to bike across... day or night, it's a stunning structure.





2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...