Background

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Punk Valentine Nails! (Or the Deconstructed, Destroyed Manicure)

Okay, so, I know this manicure won't be for everyone, but I really like it! This is my Punk Valentine. I was going for a deconstructed, destroyed look. After all, Punk is anarchic, so it seemed appropriate. The idea for this is based on an ad I saw in a Marie Claire a few months ago. Honestly, I have diverged so much from the original that I hesitate to mention the source, but I feel I should, since the look of the  worn, faded manicure that I saw in that ad is what lead me to try this! (I'm sorry to say I don't remember the company the ad was shilling for or the month in which it appeared.) Their manicure had a different vibe though, there was more of a sense of compromised grandeur, like a decaying fresco, whereas I was going for more of a deliberate, aggressive look of decrepitude. 

For this manicure, I used Sinful Colors Black on Black, Wet n' Wild French Creme, China Glaze City Siren, and Wet n' Wild Grapevine. I used acetone with cotton swabs and a paintbrush to break down the polish. I freehanded the heart, which, of course, is on my middle finger. It is punk, after all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...