Background

Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Water Marble

 Here's another Valentine's Day manicure for you! So, I photographed this one even though it is not quite what I was going for. I really like aspects of it, particularly the ring finger with the flower, which I would like to be able to reliably recreate. I think it looks a bit like a corsage. As is frequently the case for me when I do water marbles, I have so much fun seeing what I can do with the polish that I sacrifice a uniform look to the manicure. I think that's part of what's cool about water marbles in general: they are quirky and unique. The inspiration for this manicure was this water marble from Jodi at Captivating Claws, and thought I'd try to recreate it. Uhm, mine came out a bit differently; I think all that survived was the color scheme.  For some great tutorials, Colette of My Simple Little Pleasures and I Love My Long nails also have some serious skills when it comes to being able to recreate the same design on each finger. 





The polishes were OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees, Ulta Vintage Violet, and Wet n' Wild French White Creme. 





1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...