Background

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

ManGlaze Santorum


Oh, ManGlaze Santorum, how I love you! You're not tested on animals, you're made in the USA, and you let me make a political statement without saying a word. <3 In fact, you're so awesome, I give you my Pixies ode:


I know that politics are a potentially volatile topic, so for those who prefer to discuss the nail polish and not its political statement, the review is first, followed by the photos. However, this polish is political, and #1, I believe it would be an incomplete review if I left that unaddressed, and #2: come on! How often do we have a political nail polish? It's like spotting a unicorn! So, I have provided additional information on the story surrounding this polish after the photos for those who are curious. 

Man Glaze Santorum is a brown matte polish-- seriously, the best formula I've ever tried for a matte, which usually turn clumpy mid-manicure! I do recommend, though, that you have a bottle of lacquer thinner with this or any other matte polish, because by the end of the manicure, it will be thicker. Bonus to this polish: If you put a top coat on, you can see that this is a complex color with tiny dusty pieces of glitter in various shades of brown and warm metallic colors such as copper and gold. It's really very pretty! 




Below Left: With seche vite (topcoat), Right: no topcoat. 

Now, if you are curious about the social-political message of this polish, allow me to provide you some links to explain:

And for those of you who wear this polish like I do, with something resembling glee, I give you approbative devil horns and welcome you to join me in reading The Catcher in the Rye in the general direction of the three Tea Partiers picketing in front of the library on Sundays. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...