Background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Garters and Fishnets Manicure

For this manicure, I decided to go for the contrast of a subdued, lavender grey with a lace and fishnets stamp. I also did a variation of this without the fishnets for a, uhm, less overtly slutty effect. 



Below: American Apparel Factory Grey by itself. 

Below: Without the fishnets, this manicure looks much more demure. 


Base: American Apparel Factory Grey (Good formula, two-coater)
Stamp: Sinful Colors Black on Black 
Mash plate 57

About the polish: I have to say, I love American Apparel polishes. And I'm a little mystified at why this is, since their concept is pretty simple: mostly cremes in various colors-- so where's the magic? Well, two things: first, what they do, they do well. Most of their polishes have good formulas and are two-coaters. Second: packaging. I love the bottle shape, the font,-- maybe it's lame of me, but the presentation is great. The one drawback is the brush, which I think is a little skinny and doesn't fan out very well. It makes the application a bit tricky. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen those stamps done up at the top like that but OH MY is that ever lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I wish I could take credit for it, but I'm sure I've seen some stamps done like that elsewhere. For me, it's also a way of using those cool but difficult to place french manicure designs, which I have some trouble getting to look right at the bottom of my nail.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...