Background

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Orly Fowl Play

Dear Orly Fowl Play, 

I love you. You are beautiful. In the immortal words of Frank Black (via Dave Lovering), La-la-love you, don't mean maybe. :)

Love, 
Tin Roof Nails


Okay, so if you want to know something about this polish other than that I think it's cool enough to deserve a Pixies serenade, then I'll elaborate: this is a dupe or near-dupe of OPI's Merry Midnight. I don't own MM, but there are plenty of good comparisons out there, which a Google search would quickly yield. FP has a good formula, and needs two or three coats for opacity (I used three coats for the photos). There is blue glitter that is clearly visible in the bottle, but unfortunately, almost not at all on the nail. I like this one because it's what I think of as a deep fall color-- it's not firey like the reds and oranges and burnt colors of September and October-- wines, burgundies, those are the colors I think of for this time of year. Anyway, what's cool about FP is that the larger, irregular orange flakes and small blue glitter give it a subtle texture and dimension that separate it from a straight wine or burgundy jelly or cream. 

 Frank Black said it much more succinctly. :)






2 comments:

  1. I am liking the new look around here. :)

    This polish is so pretty. I have swatch pics on my hard drive awaiting editing. :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...