Background

Monday, October 31, 2011

Autumn Water Marble

I haven't done a water marble in ages, I forgot how cool they are! I would like to make them a little more uniform, but one of the cool things about water marbles is the way each nail comes out differently. For this, I used Finger Paints Cordur-Orange, Sinful Colors Black on Black, China Glaze Ichabody, and American Apparel California Trooper. Tip: I discovered that warming the water very slightly helps to keep the polish malleable for a little longer. 



Below: please excuse the messy cuticles on my left hand; the orange polish did not want to come off.





2 comments:

  1. that close up is amazing!! did Ick-A-Bod-y spread ok ? i have always struggled to marble with glitters or flecked ? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) Ick-a-Bod-y did spread out easily, actually. I was pleasantly surprised. I have mixed results with water marbles in general. I warmed the water very slightly this time (not hot, just slightly warmer than room temp) and I wonder if that had something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...