Background

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Three by American Apparel

So, I went into the city yesterday to meet a friend for dinner. I had a few places to check out to buy polish. I was so excited-- it really was ridiculous. It was a beautiful day in the city! I met my friend in Byrant Park, and he, secure in his masculinity, agreed to go nail polish shopping with me before dinner. :) Anyway, one place was out of business, and the other had a sad little selection of Color Club. Boooo!  Next time I go in, I'll have more than two places on my list. But anyway, the day was not lost, because across the street (5th Avenue) there was an American Apparel and I remembered that they have nail polish AND they don't test on animals. I bought three polishes and I can't wait to try them. Here they are from left to right, California Trooper, MacArthur Park, and Army Jacket. I will do full manicures with them at some point, but I have swatched them below. Those are two coats with no topcoat. 



My friend compared MacArthur Park to "split pea soup." I can't argue with him, but where he sees lunch, I see a cool mod color (also stamping and dotting possibilities). Nail polish, once again, as a Rorschach test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...