Background

Thursday, August 25, 2011

American Apparel MacArthur Park

My friend described MacArthur Park as being the color of split pea soup. I can't argue with that assessment, but I like it. I think this is an excellent color for fall. By itself, I think it is one of those ugly-pretty colors and would be especially cool as part of a design with dotting or stamping. The formula and application: MP is almost a one-coater. I used two-coats here with no topcoat. The polish itself has a nice consistency and good opacity, but the brush is a bit skinny and doesn't fan out well, which makes application a bit tricky. I've said it before: American Apparel has a cool bottle design, colors, and good formula, but the brush is poorly designed. It's workable with patience, and in the end, the colors are worth it.


1 comment:

  1. It's a very unique color. I agree with the "pretty/ugly" description lol.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...