Background

Monday, July 25, 2011

RLN's "Glitter Sandwich"

I love this manicure. I first saw it on Rebecca Likes Nails. So pretty! I tried it in pink, with OPI Got a Date Tonight with Wet 'n Wild Party of Five Glitters. It works best with very sheer creme polish, which is great because I've got this old light blue Essie, Looking for Love, that requires at least five coats for opacity. I haven't gotten rid of it because I kept thinking eventually I would find a way to use it, and finally, I have! It works perfectly for the Glitter Sandwich. So if you have any too-sheer colors, those are the ones that work best. I put down my base coat, then two coats of OPI's GADT, then two thin coats of Wet n' Wild POFG, then two thin coats on top, then one coat of Seche Vite. I know, eight coats seems a little excessive, but it dried just fine. What I really like about this manicure is that the glitter looks almost like confetti. It's a very cool effect. I think this would be a really cute manicure to do in bright colors for a child or teenager.



2 comments:

  1. yay!! i love when people try things from seeing them on my blog.
    this is so cute <3
    now i want to do another!
    OMG i might need glitter sandwich toes. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I've been wanting to try a 'glitter sandwich'! They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...