Background

Friday, July 8, 2011

Greige Comparison

I've been meaning to do this for some time. I am drawn to greiges, and I realized that I was acquiring a lot of them. I wanted to know if there was any real difference between the colors, or if I was just being a product slut. I am happy to say these four colors are more disparate than I thought! I feel much more justified in owning the different ones now that I see them all together.

From left to right:

You Don't Know Jacques by OPI: This was my first greige. Oh, how I love thee, YDKJ. If I were slightly more pretentious, I would write a poem for you. Anyway, YDKJ is a mushroomy creme that is opaque in two coats. It is a true greige in that it leans neither too warm nor too cool, but sits squarely in the middle. The formula is very good, and is opaque in two coats. 

Nirvana by Sinful Colors: Nirvana came out earlier  this year. It is a brown-leaning greige creme. I photographed it with two coats, but it is really is a three-coater. My one complaint with Nirvana is the dry time. It takes a very, very long time to dry. But, it's also pretty, which does tip the scales in its favor, in my opinion. The formula is fine to work with. 

Stormy by Revlon: Ooo, preeeetty. I love this color. It is a grey-leaning greige, but it is also almost mauve. I almost swatched it with Essie's Merino Cool rather than greiges; really, I think it could go either way. The formula is good, particularly for a Revlon, which I generally find to be tricky. It went on smoothly and was opaque in two coats. No bubbles, either. 

Ingrid by China Glaze: Ingrid's base is almost exactly the color of Sinful's Nirvana, but the addition of gold micro-glitter totally changes the over-all effect of the polish. The base color is already warm, but the micro-glitter warms it up more and makes it, in my opinion, a fall polish. I don't say this to diminish it; it is a lovely polish-- I think my photo doesn't do it justice. The formula was slightly watery, but I had no application problems. I applied two coats plus seche vite for the photo; I think it would have looked much better with three.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have Revlon Stormy, but I do have the other three. I love the color on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now need You Don't Know Jacques and Stormy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, YDKJ and Stormy are two of my favorite polishes in my stash.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...