Background

Monday, June 27, 2011

Newspaper Nails, 2nd Edition

Please forgive the title; I just had to. It was too easy. So, my first post in the blog was newspaper nails, and I've tried it again, this time using white as a background instead of beige. I learned my lesson from my earlier attempts in which the ink transferred a bit faintly. I used more rubbing alcohol and more and steadier pressure to make sure the ink really deposited on my nails. Another method I have seen from some other bloggers is to actually cut out and fit pieces of newspaper to their nails and paint a clear coat over it-- this sounds trickier than the method I use, but I'm interested in trying it. If it is done successfully, you could have readable nails, as opposed to the transfer method, which reverses the  images.



6 comments:

  1. I love these! I really want to try doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If you look at my first post, it has a link to instructions. Note: she uses vodka as a solvent, but I used rubbing alcohol, which worked fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had this on my list of manicures to do since I first saw it, just haven't gotten to it yet. Hmm, I'm quite interested in the layering a piece of the paper directly to the nail. I honestly don't think I've seen images of anyone doing it that was as of yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pixie Polish: I tried to find the link to post to the blog I saw that used the layering technique, but had no luck. I'll keep my eyes open for it, and if I find it, I'll post it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's fun!! I've got to try this once!!

    btw, I'm following you now ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I also found your blog and I'm following you, too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...