Background

Friday, June 3, 2011

Blue Mermaid Manicure

For this manicure, I used three coats of Sinful Colors Hottie (ugh. I really don't like that name) as the base. Hottie is a close relative of Sinful's Nail Junkie: it has the same gell-like consistency, the same ratio of densely packed glitter to polish, except it's blue instead of green. It really is a lovely polish. The glitter consists of smaller and larger pieces that flash pink, green, blue, and gold. I'm generally not a huge fan of glitters on me, but this was too pretty not to play with. So, I stamped the blue waves with Bundle Monster plate 209 and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blazing Blue*. The silver embellishment on my ring finger is also from BM plate 209 using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Silver Sweep*. I felt that the over-all effect was a little more blue than I had intended, so instead of a topcoat I added Pure Ice Oh Baby!. OB is a milky polish with green micro-glitter. It applies clear but flashes a subtle green.
Note: My nails are brutally short right now. I don't normally keep them this short, but there was some flaking and weakness and general nail unhappiness that required me to cut them. I've decided to embrace the smaller canvass for the moment :)




2 comments:

  1. as far as flaking and weakness, do you use any nail treatments?
    seche does a line of treatments called perfect nail, there are three different ones.
    i use retain to retain my strong nails, but you might want to use rebuild to rebuild yours!
    i swear by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried a few treatments, but haven't found them to be all that effective. Thanks for the recommendation-- I'll give the seche line a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...